Are you ready to serve your community and fellow Bowling Green businesses? Get active in our Chamber’s efforts by joining our Board of Directors! We are now accepting nominations until October 31st!
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS 2020
According to Article VI, Section 2, “An announcement shall be made at the September and October membership meetings that nominations are being accepted by the Nominating Committee.” Due to Covid-19 restrictions, there is no September member meeting. Therefore, this notice shall serve to fulfill the by-law provision.
Nominations are now being accepted for the one-year term officer positions of President, First Vice-President, Second Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary, as well as four (4) two-year term Director positions. A nominee must be a Chamber member or employee of a Chamber member in good standing (all dues current). Serving as a Chamber officer or director requires attendance at no less than nine (9) monthly board meetings, in addition to the provisions below, as stipulated in the Covenant of Commitment. Officers are also required to fulfill the obligations and duties of the applicable office as set forth in the Chamber By-laws in addition to the Covenant provisions.
“As a Director on the Board of Directors of Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce (“the Chamber”), I commit to the following for the full term of my office:
- Agree to abide by all provisions of the Constitution and Bylaws of the Chamber
- Attend regularly scheduled board meetings, missing no more than three (3) meetings per year without reasonable excuse
- Actively serve on no less than one (1) committee
- Actively participate as a Chamber volunteer in no less than one (1) regularly scheduled event, not including regular monthly member meetings, of the Chamber annually
- Insure that the annual dues of the Director or his/her employer have been paid annually no later than February 28
- Be willing and anxious to assist in the identification, cultivation, and sponsorship of prospective Chamber members and directors
- Support the purpose and activities of the Chamber throughout the city of Bowling Green”
Nominations will be accepted through October 31 and may be submitted to Karen Arico, Second Vice-President/Nominations Committee Chair, (email@example.com) or Sarrah Gigous, Executive Director, (firstname.lastname@example.org).