New to 2020 is an annual grant for Chamber Members. This grant can be applied for by any current chamber member in good standing and the winner will receive $500 towards a beautification project of their choice.
BOWLING GREEN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BUSINESS BEAUTIFICATION GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce Business Beautification Grant Program. The Chamber offers an annual grant to assist with funding for needed improvements for store-front beautification to businesses located within the City of Bowling Green. The grant process is administered through the Scholarship Committee of the Chamber. All questions may be directed to the Chamber Office.
Facts about the program:
- The program will offer an annual grant award of $500.00 to one (1) business.
- The grant application period will begin on August 1 and end at midnight on October 31. The grant recipient will be announced at the Annual Awards Banquet of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Grants are available for commercial properties located within the City of Bowling Green.
- Each grant applicant must be a current member in good standing of the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce (all dues paid).
- Projects must conform to City of Bowling Green building and zoning codes.
- The grant recipient is responsible for obtaining any and all building permits or other permits that may be necessary.
- Grants cannot be approved for work begun prior to a formal grant approval. No agreement to grant funds is made or implied by the Chamber until the application if formally approved.
- The grant recipient must complete the project in an agreed upon amount of time as set forth in the application. The recipient will notify the Scholarship & Grant Committee upon completion of the project. No funds will be awarded until the project is complete and proof of expenditures has been submitted. If the project is not completed in the agreed amount of time, the recipient may request an extension of the Scholarship & Grant Committee.
- Any business may receive a grant no more frequently than every five (5) years.
- Application forms may be obtained from the Chamber office or by downloading it using the link below.
- The completed and signed application must be submitted to the Chamber office.
- Once applications and appropriate documentation have been submitted, all applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
- The application selected to receive a grant will be submitted to the Chamber Board for final approval.
- Upon final approval, a grant award letter will be issued to the grantee at the Chamber’s Annual Awards Banquet held in January.